Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Policy on New Roles

I figured I should write something official because I seem to be royally upsetting directors with my new policy. Here's the thing. If I am going to hall my butt over an hour (and sometimes much more) to get to your shoot, I want to make sure that you, as a filmmaker, make every effort to promote your film. I also want to make sure I get a copy so that I have the footage to keep not only to showcase to friends, other producer, directors and the like but to have on hand for my reel so that I can showcase what I've worked on. I truly don't understand why this is so unfair to ask for. I am really and truly not trying to be a jackass about this. I just want me work to be promoted so that I can continue to do what I do and that your work gets to be seen. This is mutally beneficial to all. I mean if you cast me, you're not only bringing on an actor with a lot of experience, but one who will promote the hell out of your project and bring it into many eyeballs that many other indie projects never see. I realize I sound extraordinarily vain but I assure it's not vanity, it's pure truth. If you don't allow me to promote the work I've done and have a copy so that I can further promote you, our work, and the great project we've created, I ask that you simply not cast me.

No comments: